Amazon Fire TV Stick (Firestick)
The Amazon Firestick 4k TV is a small device plugged into your TV's HDMI port. It's easy to use and it's a great way to watch your favorite shows, movies, and games.
The Fire TV Stick comes with a remote control and an Alexa Voice Remote that can control your TV, search for content, and more.
It is available in two different versions: the Standard Edition and the 4K Ultra HD Edition.
If you want to use The Firestick in Ireland, this article is for you!
Product information - Amazon fire stick Ireland
Get instant entertainment with the Firestick
Transform your TV into a haven for blockbuster movies and hit TV shows with the Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote.
With 50% more power than the 2019 Fire TV Stick, apps load quicker and you can find what you want faster.
And with plenty of apps to keep you entertained, from Netflix, YouTube, and Disney+, there's always something to watch. Plus, with instant access to Prime Video content, Prime members can enjoy tons of shows and movies at no additional cost.
So plug in the stick, connect to WiFi and start watching today.
Alexa voice control included with the Fire TV stick
The Alexa Voice Remote included with the Fire TV Stick makes it easy to find and launch the apps you want. Just say what you aim to find and the Alexa voice will bring up a selection of accurate results.
And because Alexa is built in, you can also use your voice to check the weather, stream music, and even see your security camera on the TV.
HDR and Atmos compatibility
Your TV-watching experience is about to get a lot more immersive with support for popular HDR formats like HDR10+ and HLG. With every scene enhanced for balanced contrast, and superior image quality.
And with support for Dolby Atmos on select titles from Prime, Netflix, and Disney+, your home cinema system is about to get a lot more exciting.
Product description of the Firestick remote
The Firestick remote is a small, sleek remote that has all the buttons you need to control your streaming experience. It has a pause/play button, a fast-forward/rewind button, and volume control.
The remote also has a microphone for voice control and is a great way to stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and games.
Here are all the firestick features you'll need to keep in mind:
- Supports the new Disney+ app
- A new Wi-Fi antenna design optimized for 4K Ultra HD streaming
- Includes Alexa Voice Remote to Launch and control your favorite movies and TV shows, and to enjoy other features like live camera feeds, checking the weather, dimming lights, and streaming music
- Has dedicated power, volume, and mute buttons to control your compatible TV, soundbar, and receiver
- Amazing picture quality with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+
- Supports access to BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, ITV Hub, All 4, Disney, Curzon, and others (subscription fees may apply)
- Access to thousands of apps, Alexa skills, channels, and millions of websites
- Unlimited access for prime members to thousands of exclusive movies and TV episodes, plus ad-free listening to over 2 million songs with Prime Music
- Access to BBC, ITV, Sky News, and more to watch your favorite programs live, as they happen
- On-Demand viewing in case you've missed your favorite TV Shows and need to watch them later
How to get the most out of the Amazon firestick in Ireland
There are a number of drawbacks to using the Amazon Fire TV stick in Ireland.
Firstly, the device is not officially available in the country, meaning that users have to purchase it from another country or online. This can be expensive and may not be covered by warranty if something goes wrong.
Secondly, the Firestick does not work with all Irish TV channels and may not be compatible with some Irish broadband providers.
Finally, users have reported a number of issues with the Firestick, including poor picture quality, buffering, and freezing due to the location.
To remedy these issues here is what you can do:
If you want to use your Amazon Fire stick 4K in Ireland to its full potential, you'll need to use a VPN app.
By using a VPN app on your Fire TV Stick, you'll be able to trick it into thinking that you're in another location of your choosing, such as the UK, USA, India, or anywhere else in the world.
For instance, you could be sitting at home in Ireland while watching your favorite films and TV shows, and your Fire Stick would think you're in the UK.
To get a VPN app, go to the Amazon app store, just as you would with any other app.